Friday, October 29, 2010

Dont Take The Things You Hear Personal

A few friends of mine had planned on going out of town for an event. They had promoted the party. They even made a 2 minute booty shakin video to help with advertising the party. They found a hotel and flight plan thru a travel agent. The plan was workable for them. All of a sudden they decided they was not going to attend because of something the organizer said.

He had mentioned that he party was going to be crowded and did not want any more out of town entertainment to attend?.

I personally didn’t find anything wrong with his statement. But my friends was offended.

I responded to my friend

“Why are you going to let that from stopping you from attending the event? Did he tell you he didn’t want you to come out?”

She said “No.”

I advised her to not let something that’s not about her be about her.

I also said

 “Maybe someone else from somewhere else pissed off the promoter and he made that statement. He also might already have a few people in the know about whose coming out. He might have people wanting to see you. The worst thing you can do is keep a promoter waiting with out contact. Especially if you are on a flyer promoting a party. The promoters usually frown upon that and then the blacklisting starts.”

I feel like this If there is an issue with me then the promoter will contact me. If not then that’s shit don’t apply to me at all. I’m still going and I wont be missing a thing.

Its far more easy to be mislead and run with it. Then it is to ask questions.

To my fellow friends, fans and others in this business. This is a mood changing business. You are human, that’s understood. But if you don’t quite understand then by all means ask questions.

“Is everything ok? Can I/we still come out to your event?”

More then likely the expected conversation will continue as so

“Hey girl. I was just thinking about you. (Lol). Of course your still invited. This is what happened..BLAH BLAH BLAH..”

WITHOUT saying too much, because they are professional about it, they will discretely explain what happened.

Of course in this business its usually a bunch of gossip(opinion opposed to facts) beware not to comment with your own opinion.

Now you are aware of what really happened and no longer is making assumptions.

You will see me anywhere there is a party. I’m in the building . I don’t need any ok if I’m traveling I will not be turned back from the door.

They GONNA LET THE MADAME DO WHAT IT DOES..LOL

Trix

No comments:

Post a Comment